Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Great Out Doors!


More than anything, I really enjoy the outdoors. As far back as I can remember, I've always been fascinated with nature.

I was fortunate enough to grow up 25 minutes outside the Adirondacks. My family and I would spend most of our weekends in the Old Forge/Big Moose area. Oddly enough, I never saw any moose...hmmm...

I've climbed a number of mountains in the Adirondacks. Although, I still have yet to accomplish Mount Marcy. Mount Marcy, as some of you know, is the largest mountain in New York State. It's more than 5,300 feet - Which is pretty big compared to some mountains in the North East.

My friends and I are thinking about driving to Kingston this weekend. If we don't end up going to Canada, I'm going to suggest we climb Blue Mountain. Blue Mountain is a decent-sized hike. My mom climbed it in about 2 hours. Which means I'll finish it in 3.

No comments: